What to Expect as You Return to Our Office
As we cautiously ease back into in-person appointments and oral surgical care, we want you to know that our commitment to your safety remains top priority. When you come to your next appointment with Dr. Valiente, you’ll find that we’ve made some changes to ensure your care is both safe and comfortable.
Infection control has always been extremely important to us at Center for Oral Surgery and Dental Implants, and we assure you that we will continue to adhere to all infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We go out of our way to stay current as new guidelines are issued.
The New Arrival Process
- When we confirm your appointment over the phone, we will ask you several COVID-related screening questions. Thank you for your patient cooperation.
- Bring your own mask with you when you come in for an appointment.
- Once you’ve found parking, please remain in your car and call us 813-968-5400 to let us know you have arrived. Your prompt arrival will make this new process work smoothly.
- If you’ve come with any companions, please have them wait in your car.
- As you enter our office, we will take your temperature with a no touch digital thermometer. If your temperature is 100.4 degrees or above, your appointment will be rescheduled. We apply this same standard to everyone on our staff upon their arrival each morning.
- Once we’ve established that your temperature is normal, we will escort you directly to a consult room.
- Social distancing will be maintained at all times.
- Before proceeding with treatment, we will once again review the COVID-related screening questions with you and answer any questions you may have.
Safety Measures for Patients and Staff
In addition to the precautions we’ve set up in regard to patient care, we’ve made a variety of changes to our office in to ensure your safety. We meet and exceed all Department of Health, CDC, and ADA guidelines.
You will find the following changes when you visit our office:
- Hand sanitizer and soap and water are always available in each operatory and our reception area for patients and our staff.
- We’ve set up a one-way flow throughout our office to help maintain social distancing.
- We follow and exceed all OSHA guidelines in terms of sterilization and disinfecting of all surfaces and each room between patients.
- We’ve installed a negative pressure system in our operatories (surgical areas), which means we are disposing of the air inside of the operatories, thereby removing any airborne virus from the environment.
- Every member of our staff is required to wear PPE, such as N95 masks, face shields, surgical caps, shoe covers, and scrub tops and bottoms with gowns, in the operatory.
If you have any questions about your upcoming appointment or about our standards and procedures, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We have missed seeing you and look forward to continuing your treatments and providing you with excellent care that is both safe and comfortable.